Are you a Solutions Architect looking to work in a growing organisation?
We are MPB, the world's leading platform for photographers & videographers. As part of a new phase of growth we are hiring for a Solution Architect to join our Engineering team. The work you’ll do will be impactful.
Based for 2 days in our Brighton office, with 3 days working remotely, you’ll be supported by a collaborative Engineering department and have the opportunity to shape your career.
As a Solution Architect at MPB, you will be part of a team responsible for the overall vision, capabilities and technical integrity of our platform. Through close collaboration with stakeholders from the organisation, and colleagues within the Product & Engineering team, you will ensure that any needs that the business have are well defined and understood. From this shared understanding you will be responsible for the creation of solutions, ensuring a keen focus on delivery of business value against a backdrop of technical quality, whether that is through in-house development or with well chosen strategic partnerships.
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company’s mission with a clear vision of what our product should be. We take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team.
- Demonstration of a solid understanding of the business process, drivers for change and constraints that will influence any solutions
- Provision of advice and guidance to consolidate and connect business needs, processes and identification of opportunities to avoid redundant design and simplification of the build
- Execution of hands-on solution design work and participation in required reviews, leading to accepted and deliverable solutions
- Communication of roadmap and solutions to stakeholders, inspiring confidence to ensure support and buy-in and to delivery teams who will translate them into user stories and deployment plan
- Creation and maintenance of key architectural assets to support a common shared understanding of the platform and its capabilities
- Definition and support of light touch processes, standards and best practices to maintain the platform integrity throughout its lifecycle, in support of a federated architectural model
- Maintenance of the platform roadmap to ensure that technical capabilities are defined and available in a ‘Just In Time’ fashion to support the business needs
- Coaching and mentoring engineering resources on solution architecture to ensure the highest quality of delivery.
Skills you’ll need:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire stakeholders and colleagues to drive collaboration and alignment
- Generally perceived as a “Trusted Advisor”
- The ability and passion to be able to articulate what can be complicated technical concepts to a mixed range of audiences using a variety of techniques
- A good balance of technical acumen and business knowledge with a pragmatic attitude to deliver capabilities in an iterative fashion
- A solid understanding of the importance of Non-Functional requirements and how we can go about defining them and implementing them in conjunction with functional requirements
- An ability to negotiate with stakeholders, with competing demands, opinions and priorities, ensuring alignment and the delivery of the most appropriate solution
- Knowledge of modern technologies and techniques, with concrete experience of how and when they can be leveraged to modernise existing platforms, and a deeply pragmatic attitude to risk vs. speed of delivery
- A general curiosity, inquisitiveness and experimental attitude towards technology and what is going on within the broad space of `modern` solution architecture.
If you don’t tick all of the requirements for this role, don’t rule yourself out. If you want to reach out and talk about the position before applying, get in touch with us at email@example.com
At MPB we support our staff and their careers in every way we can.
We provide 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (with the option to buy an additional 5 days leave), 4% employer contributory pension scheme and private healthcare from your start date.
You will also have access to our Employee Awareness Pathway, a cycle to work scheme, weekly deliveries of fresh fruit and Friday afternoon team drinks.