Are you passionate about social media? Do you have experience engaging with communities and utilising social media to get the message across?
MPB is currently hiring for a Social & Community Manager to join our US team to cultivate and manage our online communities.
This job requires extensive knowledge of planning and leading social media for campaigns and events.
We work on a hybrid remote basis with 2 days in the Brooklyn office per week, and 3 days working remotely.
Who are MPB - and why should you be interested?
We’re the world’s largest platform for buying and selling used photography and videography equipment around the world. We are dedicated to sustainability and re-circulate 300,000 pieces of kit per year. We are also the place where photographers come for top quality content about the photography world.
Working with our international team and reporting to the Head of US Marketing, you will have the opportunity to get involved with researching communities, planning social content and connecting with the visual storyteller community.
If you enjoy collaboration and want a job where your work will have a direct impact on communities, then keep reading.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage a deep understanding of social platform capabilities to plan and deliver social content, with the goal of expanding our reach and growing our online communities
- Plan and lead social media for marketing campaigns and events
- Build brand awareness and support marketing campaigns through highly responsive, one-on-one engagement across all social platforms and online forums / communities
- Embody our brand values and brand voice
- Manage the content social media calendar for the US and input into global plans
- Write and publish content on social platforms and online forums
- Support influencer marketing through online research and identifying highly-engaged brand enthusiasts, and helping to facilitate outreach and tracking
- Deliver reports on platform performance and share community insights to inform marketing planning and content development
Skills you’ll need
- Previous experience managing a social media planner
- Previous community management experience
- Exceptional communication, writing and editing skills.
- Experience with a wide range of social platforms and social analytic tools
- Good problem solving skills
Availability off hours (nights and weekends) for social media marketing during in-person events and activations is needed. Your life/work balance is important to us and any out of hours work will be discussed with you in advance.
Experience in the photography industry isn’t essential for this position - but - if you do like photography (even as a hobby) then let us know.
Salary: $65,000 - 70,000 per annum
- Generous PTO allowance
- Aetna Medical
- Company EAP
- Dog friendly office