MPB is actively recruiting for a Finance Assistant to support the UK finance operation and wider finance team.
This is a new position within our growing Finance team as we look to restructure the finance function to improve support to the business. This is the ideal position for an ambitious and creative, hands on financial professional to utilise their skills.
MPB is the leading marketplace for buying and selling used photography and videography equipment around the world.
We operate a hybrid working model with 3 days in the Brighton office and 2 days working remotely.
What you’re be responsible for:
- Daily sales and purchases reconciliations to cash received and paid for UK operation
- Recording of bank transactions and reconciliation within finance system (NetSuite) for UK entity
- Drawdown of funds from PayPal
- Recording of daily stock position for UK operation
- Recording of daily performance against targets
- Recording and actioning bounced payments and payment queries to customers
- Assist with ad hoc AP invoice posting
- Spendesk bookkeeping - expenses and ad hoc purchases management system
- Month end tasks such as expense analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Chargebacks for the UK operation
- Previous experience in a finance assistant role
- AAT level 3 or higher or qualified through experience
- Good IT skills including
- Advanced level use of Excel
- Sound decision-making skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, with the ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to influence others with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to show initiative and suggest changes for process improvements
Netsuite experience would be highly beneficial for this position.
At MPB we support our staff and their careers in every way we can.
We provide 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 4% employer contributory pension scheme, private healthcare from your start date and flexible hybrid working options.
You will also have access to our EAP, a range of employee discounts, a buzzing social calendar and a dog friendly workplace.