Our People Team ensure that all of our employees experience an organisation in which they can reach their potential, working in an environment in which their contribution is recognised and rewarded. We value the passion with which our employees engage in delivering a service to our clients. We strive to enable a “people first” culture where delivering excellence is the norm.
The People Business Partner will work closely with our managers on employee issues and develop initiatives to take MPB to the next level. You will help facilitate the continuous development of MPB’s culture, ensuring the promotion and celebration of diversity and inclusivity amongst all employees, and through all policies and practices.
A self-sufficient, confident practitioner, you enjoy working in a fast-paced high growth business. With a naturally collaborative working style, you believe in open communication and have a pragmatic approach.
- Identify, implement and manage initiatives that optimise the MPB employee experience.
- Advise line managers on people issues arising in their departments and functions, providing practical solutions within local law, best practice, MPB’s business strategy and employment policies.
- Assist in the continuous development of MPB’s culture, ensuring the promotion and celebration of diversity and inclusivity amongst all employees, and in all policies and practices.
- Act as an advocate for MPB’s desired culture and regional-global alignment, ensuring both operational and HQ staff based in market feel included and supported on the ground.
- Ensure equity in the development and application of MPB’s employment policies, procedures, practices and systems.
- Enable the effective onboarding and off-boarding of MPB employees.
- Develop and implement HR systems (as required) policy and practice, ensuring that MPB’s “handbook” is kept up-to-date.
- Address queries regarding employment at MPB and related matters arising from employees and third parties.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Facilitate the resolution of grievance and disciplinary matters
- Facilitate the implementation and maintenance of an effective compensation and benefits strategy and practice,, including payroll, salary benchmarking, the maintenance of benefit plans etc.
- Facilitate the development of employee well-being initiatives to ensure that MPB is a great place to work; “mindful” of the need for mental, physical and work/life balance.
- Oversee and manage the performance management and appraisal processes.
- Development of metrics that show the effectiveness of MPB’s people strategies in achieving its overall business objectives.
- Assist in the recruitment and development of MPB employees as required.
- Development and promotion of initiatives that enhance MPB’s position in the local community and its social contribution within our ESG strategies.
- Ensure that employee records and systems are kept up-to-date.
Skills you'll need
- SHRM CP or equivalent gained through experience.
- Practical experience of US employment legislation.
- Desire to work as part of a team with a results driven approach
- Experience of managing complex employee relations issues to a successful resolution.
- Understanding of and ability to administer employee benefits
- Excellent communication skills to, for example, enable policy development, host meetings and engage with senior management, employees and external parties.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills with a curious mind, to resolve challenges creatively, pragmatically, within the framework of employment legislation, good practice, MPB’s culture and values, business objectives.
- A strong commitment to the promotion of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Able to build good relationships with managers at all levels, employees and third party suppliers/organisations
- Able to manage stakeholder expectations and deliver to deadlines
- Extremely practical, proactive and upbeat with strong organisational skills.
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment
- Experience with Trinet or equivalent HR platform
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup/scale-up environment
At MPB we support our employees and their careers in every way we can. Our services include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO allowance
- Aetna Medical
- Company EAP
- Dog friendly office
Salary: $120,000 - $130,000 per annum