Lead Inventory Manager (US)
MPB is the world’s largest online platform for used photography and videography equipment. Our platform transforms the way that people buy, sell, and trade in photo and video gear. We have offices in Brooklyn, Brighton, and Berlin, and we are rapidly growing in all markets.
We are hiring for a Lead Inventory Manager who will be a key part of our management team in the US warehouse.
In this role, you will bridge the gap between Operations and the wider business while owning our key US inventory profile and processes. You will hold overall responsibility of MPB’s US stock holding and will drive results by working cross-functionally across the business to optimize our online offering and minimize stock write-offs.
As Lead Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day in your region and accountable for the daily execution of inventory management. This role will perform tactical inventory management while also driving improvements.
You will be overseeing the output and performance management of 1 direct report (with the possibility of later team expansion).
As Lead Inventory Manager, you will be based in our US office and will report directly to the Head of Operations, to whom you will proactively surface issues important to business goals.
- Maximizing online inventory and optimizing throughput demonstrating exceptional inventory management skills.
- Maintaining and developing all procedural documentation for Inventory processes on a regional level, ensuring alignment on a global level.
- Attending regular meetings with Data, Product, Pricing, Marketing and global Ops teams to advocate for inventory goals and needs.
- Owning of quarterly and yearly stocktakes and audits including all documentation, organization, and upwards communication. Full completion of stocktakes is inclusive of liaising with the Finance and Product teams to ensure the output of stocktakes is followed through to a conclusion in a timely manner.
- Daily management of 1 direct report to help them to continue developing their skills and abilities and identify areas for improvement to ensure they succeed in their role.
Skills you'll need
- Proven several years of leadership experience in inventory management as part of, or close to, senior leadership teams.
- Extremely practical, proactive and upbeat with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to problem-solve, adapt, and grow quickly as you’ll be working in a fast-moving organization with rapidly changing priorities.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with C-suite and other stakeholders.
- Compassionate and supportive leader that embraces new challenges.
Even better if you have
- Deep understanding of inventory management technology, ideally experience with RFID inventory management systems
- Previous experience working with single-SKU inventory management
Salary: $78,750 per annum
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO allowance
- Aetna Medical
- Company EAP
- Employee Discounts
- Dog-friendly office
At MPB we support our staff and their careers in every way we can.
As well as all the standard benefits, we have clear career frameworks in place so that you know where your career is going to develop.
The wellbeing of our employees is paramount and we provide private healthcare from your start date as well as access to our EAP to support your mental wellbeing.
Workplace & culture
We have offices in the creative hubs of Brighton, Brooklyn and Berlin. As we’ve grown we have maintained a culture of openness and inclusivity for our employees and we dedicate time to helping them develop their careers.
Whether you’re just starting off or looking for the next step in your career, a role at MPB will give you the chance to develop your career and excel
Lead Inventory Manager (US)
Loading application form
Already working at MPB?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.