We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
At MPB we want to build a workplace that is great for everyone, one that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
Our company's headquarters is situated in Brighton and we have well established offices in both Berlin and Brooklyn.
We have reached a new phase of growth and are proud to be expanding our Product & Engineering Department to our Berlin office. As part of these exciting growth plans, MPB are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our dynamic and friendly company where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and take their careers to the next level
About the role
This role is based in our friendly office in Bülowstraße, Berlin, with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals and forms part of a wider Engineering department with further teams based in our UK office.
We currently operate a hybrid working pattern to support days in the office alongside days working remotely (likely Wednesday and Thursday in office). The working language in the Berlin office is English.
- Provide technical guidance, thought leadership and collaboration across teams to deliver solutions that go beyond stakeholder expectations
- Helps define and ensure alignment with architectural principles and best practices
- Contributes to the maintenance and development of the MPB platform, driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Works closely with the Product Manager and Scrum Master to help the team set realistic goals that can be achieved within the sprint and to a known standard
- Coaches and mentors engineers on clean code/SOLID principles and encourages others to do the same.
- Champion the Product & Engineering team values
What you'll need
You’d make a great start in the role if you have most of the following
- 6+ Years development experience, ideally with Python (Django) and an established front-end framework (we use React)
- Deep understanding and experience working within a DevOps culture with automation a driving principle
- Experience managing Git workflows
- Understanding of Relational Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Docker both building and running images, ideally an awareness of, or experience with container orchestration & management (Kubernetes)
- Developing, deploying, and maintaining software applications that run on cloud-based infrastructure.
- Strong experience working in an Agile / Scrum team, driving best practices in software engineering and a good appreciation of lean principles.
We support our staff and their careers in every way we can and we offer the following benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- 2 days off per year, to actively volunteer for a charity that is close to your heart, that aligns with the MPB values
- Retirement & Pension Plans (25% employer’s contribution of what you contribute)
- EU Workers Council
- BVG ticket discount
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Learning Management System - the MPB 'Learning Lab' where you have access to thousands of free courses to up-skill in any areas you'd like; whether personally or professionally
- Regular social events
- Dog friendly office