We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
At MPB we want to build a workplace that is great for everyone, one that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
With established offices in Brighton, Brooklyn (New York) and Berlin we have reached a new phase of growth and are proud to be expanding across a number of departments. As part of these exciting growth plans, MPB is looking for a Solution Architect to join our dynamic and friendly company where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and take their careers to the next level
About the Role
As a Solution Architect at MPB, you will be part of a team responsible for the overall vision, capabilities and technical integrity of our platform. Through close collaboration with stakeholders from the organisation, and colleagues within the Product & Engineering team, you will ensure that any needs that the business have are well defined and understood. From this shared understanding you will be responsible for the creation of solutions, ensuring a keen focus on delivery of business value against a backdrop of technical quality, whether that is through in-house development or with well chosen strategic partnerships.
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company’s mission with a clear vision of what our product should be. We take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team.
This role is based in our friendly head office in Ship Street, Brighton, with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals. We currently operate a hybrid working pattern to support days in the office alongside days working remotely.
- Demonstration of a solid understanding of the business process, drivers for change and constraints that will influence any solutions
- Provision of advice and guidance to consolidate and connect business needs, processes and identification of opportunities to avoid redundant design and simplification of the build
- Execution of hands-on solution design work and participation in required reviews, leading to accepted and deliverable solutions
- Communication of roadmap and solutions to stakeholders, inspiring confidence to ensure support and buy-in and to delivery teams who will translate them into user stories and deployment plan
- Creation and maintenance of key architectural assets to support a common shared understanding of the platform and its capabilities
- Definition and support of light touch processes, standards and best practices to maintain the platform integrity throughout its lifecycle, in support of a federated architectural model
- Maintenance of the platform roadmap to ensure that technical capabilities are defined and available in a ‘Just In Time’ fashion to support the business needs
- Coaching and mentoring engineering resources on solution architecture to ensure the highest quality of delivery.
You’d make a great start in the role if you have most of the following:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire stakeholders and colleagues to drive collaboration and alignment
- Generally perceived as a “Trusted Advisor
- The ability and passion to be able to articulate what can be complicated technical concepts to a mixed range of audiences using a variety of techniques
- A good balance of technical acumen and business knowledge with a pragmatic attitude to deliver capabilities in an iterative fashion
- A solid understanding of the importance of Non-Functional requirements and how we can go about defining them and implementing them in conjunction with functional requirements
- An ability to negotiate with stakeholders, with competing demands, opinions and priorities, ensuring alignment and the delivery of the most appropriate solution
- Knowledge of modern technologies and techniques, with concrete experience of how and when they can be leveraged to modernise existing platforms, and a deeply pragmatic attitude to risk vs. speed of delivery
- A general curiosity, inquisitiveness and experimental attitude towards technology and what is going on within the broad space of `modern` solution architecture.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 4% employer contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible hybrid working options (minimum 2 days in the office)
- Access to EAP with a range of employee discounts
- Buzzing social calendar
- Dog friendly workplace.
- Bespoke Learning Management System - the MPB 'Learning Lab' with access to thousands of free courses to upskill in any areas you'd like; whether personally or professionally.
- 2 volunteer days for charity which aligns with MPB values