We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
At MPB we want to build a workplace that is great for everyone, one that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
Our company's headquarters is situated in Brighton and we have well established offices in both Berlin and Brooklyn. We have reached a new phase of growth and are proud to be expanding our Product & Engineering Department to our Berlin office. As part of these exciting growth plans, MPB are looking for a [Job Title] to join our dynamic and friendly company where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and take their careers to the next level
About the role
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company’s mission with a clear vision of what our product should be. We take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team.
This role is based in our friendly office in Bülowstraße, Berlin, with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals and forms part of a wider Engineering department with further teams based in our UK office.
We currently operate a hybrid working pattern to support days in the office alongside days working remotely.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking an experienced Product thinker with a strong track record in delivery and team leadership. You will be somebody who is looking to take your Product experience to the next level, who wants to influence the strategy of a growth-stage company with a progressive culture. You should be a creative thinker, driven to solve the needs of our users and deliver the best possible experience for our customers. You should be comfortable directing UX, UI design and data insights to ensure you deliver beautiful solutions that work. Highly user-centric, you use empathy to put our customers front and centre and are a champion for our customers in all conversations.
You will be comfortable establishing strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, finding common ground under a shared vision. You are able to balance the priorities of many different voices and opinions in an unbiased way to ensure business value is always paramount.
We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team. You will be a team player who enjoys collaboration and thrives on implementing improvements on an iterative basis, building upon and elevating our projects. You will be a coach to members of the Product team and capable of providing vision and leadership to a scrum team in equal measure.
What you'll need
Confidence in strategic thinking and effective delivery
- Confidence in identifying opportunities and supporting career development in a Product team
- Confidence in effective line management
- Ability to work very closely with key stakeholders to manage and shape their product needs
- Ability to collaborate with marketing, design and UX to design solutions
- A passion for understanding and championing the business, customer and user needs
- Previous experience working on responsive web application products
- Ability to oversee an effective requirements process that provides clarity to engineers
- Ability to oversee an effective backlog management process
- Confidence in leading sprint review meetings, demonstrating features and taking feedback from stakeholders
- A strong advocate for customers, internal users and the business for the development team
You will possess excellent English language verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate with accuracy and clarity
Additional useful skills:
- Good knowledge of the Atlassian toolset including JIRA
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment, especially in conversion rate optimisation
- Experience collaborating with UI/UX colleagues on designs and prototypes using tools such as Figma and FigJam
- Experience in behavioural analysis using tools such as FullStory, Google Analytics, and Tableau
- Ability to produce and maintain any relevant product definition documentation
We support our staff and their careers in every way we can and we offer the following benefits:
- Learning Management System - the MPB 'Learning Lab' where you have access to thousands of free courses to up-skill in any areas you'd like; whether personally or professionally
- 28 days holiday
- 2 days off per year, to actively volunteer for a charity that is close to your heart, that aligns with the MPB values
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- EU Workers Council
- BVG ticket discount
- Dog friendly office
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Regular social events