We are MPB, the largest global platform for used photography and videography equipment. Our platform transforms the way that people buy, sell and trade in photo and video kit. MPB is a destination for everyone, whether you’ve just discovered your passion for visual storytelling or you’re already a pro.
MPB has always been committed to making kit more accessible and affordable, and helping to visualise a more sustainable future. We recirculate more than 485,000 items of used kit every year, extending the life and creative potential of photo and video equipment for creators around the world.
Headquartered in the creative communities of Brighton, Brooklyn and Berlin, the MPB team includes trained camera experts and seasoned photographers and videographers who bring their passion to work every day to deliver outstanding service. Every piece of kit is inspected carefully by our product specialists and comes with a six-month warranty to give our customers peace of mind that buying used doesn’t mean sacrificing reliability.
MPB has raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, most recently £50m Series D in April 2021, and is listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
If you’re an innovative thinker with a passion for supporting photography and videography, we would love to hear from you. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment that includes local and global teams.
We recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community here at MPB. Our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one with the diverse community of visual storytellers that we serve.
MPB customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of family makeup, race, sexuality, religion, gender identity, disability or age. At MPB, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
Reporting to the Senior SEO Manager and working with copywriters, content producers, marketing managers and the Product & Engineering Team to ensure that our SEO capability is aligned with our overall marketing strategy, is best in class and continually evolving.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing effective SEO strategies that drive traffic to internally produced content and key product pages to increase traffic & revenue for our global e-commerce photography equipment platform.
What you'll be doing
Developing and implementing effective SEO strategies that drive traffic and increase revenue.
- Conducting international keyword research and analysis, to identify new opportunities across global markets.
- Collaborating with content producers and optimising content hub articles and technical data for search engines while conforming with the Google E-E-A-T algorithm.
- Collaborating with Product and Engineering team on technical SEO optimisations
- Monitoring and analysing platform performance metrics, competitor analysis and assisting with monthly reports.
- Managing digital PR/link-building campaigns.
- Understanding and using Core Web Vitals performance metrics to collaborate with in-house developers to reach company performance goals.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO.
- Bring new SaaS suggestions to the team, especially utilising new AI tools.
What you'll need
2+ years of experience working on SEO campaigns.
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking factors/methods.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Tag Manager, Ahrefs, Content King, and other SEO tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A strong understanding of crawling and indexing.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 4% employer contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible hybrid working options (minimum 2 days in the office)
- Access to EAP with a range of employee discounts
- Buzzing social calendar
- Dog friendly workplace.
- Bespoke Learning Management System - the MPB 'Learning Lab' with access to thousands of free courses to upskill in any areas you'd like; whether personally or professionally.
- 2 volunteer days for charity which aligns with MPB values