We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.With established offices in Brighton, Brooklyn (New York) and Berlin we have reached a new phase of growth and are proud to be expanding across a number of departments. As part of these exciting growth plans, MPB are looking for experienced Senior Python Software Engineers to join our dynamic and friendly company where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and take their careers to the next level.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer at MPB, you will be building Python server applications in a service-oriented architecture and deploying them to Kubernetes. These services use a combination of JSON over HTTP and GRPC for communication. We follow innersource principles for code ownership and contribution.
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company’s mission with a clear vision of what our product should be. We take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team.
This role is based in our friendly office in Bülowstraße, Berlin, with a team of co-located, skilled engineers and product professionals and forms part of a wider Engineering department with further teams based in our UK office.
- Design and implement Python web services in Django and Flask
- Maintain and extend existing Python web services based on new feature requirements and business needs
- Collaborate with Frontend Engineers and Test Automation Engineers to ensure integrations with APIs are correct and complete
- Document your APIs so they can be consumed downstream by the Frontend and Test Automation teams as well as Data Analytics teams
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced team members
What you'll need
You’d make a great start in the role if you have most of the following:
- 6+ Years Python development
- Experience with the Django framework & ORM
- Experience managing Git workflows
- Understanding of Relational Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Docker both building and running images
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum team
- Comfortable with regularly working outside of your main discipline in order to collaborate across your Scrum team
- A desire to mentor and support others
We support our staff and their careers in every way we can and we offer the following benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- 2 days off per year, to actively volunteer for a charity that is close to your heart, that aligns with the MPB values
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- EU Workers Council
- BVG ticket discount
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Learning Management System - the MPB 'Learning Lab' where you have access to thousands of free courses to up-skill in any areas you'd like; whether personally or professionally
- Regular social events
- Dog friendly office