We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer at MPB with a strong interest in progressive web technologies, you will be using React to build features for our customer facing website and internal back-office software, consuming native python APIs, in a service-oriented architecture within a containerised environment. We follow innersource principles for code ownership and contribution.
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company’s mission with a clear vision of what our product should be. We take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team.
This role is based in our friendly office in Bülowstraße, Berlin, with a team of co-located, skilled engineers and product professionals and forms part of a wider Engineering department with further teams based in our UK office.
- Contribute to existing features by fixing bugs and adapting to new requirements
- Contribute to our atomic React component libraries
- Collaborate with UX designers to ensure user experience is maintained to a high level of quality
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers and Test Automation Engineers to ensure integrations with APIs are correct and complete
What you'll need
You’d make a great start in the role if you have most of the following:
- Proficient in HTML and CSS (preferably SCSS and/or CSS-in-JS)
- A good eye for design and user experience
- Experience with working with APIs
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum team
- Comfortable with working outside of your main discipline in order to collaborate across your Scrum team
We support our staff and their careers in every way we can and we offer the following benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- 2 days off per year, to actively volunteer for a charity that is close to your heart, that aligns with the MPB values
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- EU Workers Council
- BVG ticket discount
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Learning Management System - the MPB 'Learning Lab' where you have access to thousands of free courses to up-skill in any areas you'd like; whether personally or professionally
- Regular social events
- Dog friendly office