We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
With established offices in Brighton, Brooklyn (New York) and Berlin we have reached a new phase of growth and are proud to be expanding across a number of departments. As part of these exciting growth plans, MPB are looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers In Test to join our dynamic and friendly company where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and take their careers to the next level.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer In Test at MPB you will be responsible for delivering features to the business safer and sooner. We use cutting edge techniques and technologies to automate previously manual processes.
This role is based in our friendly office in Bülowstraße, Berlin, with a team of co-located, skilled engineers and product professionals and forms part of a wider Engineering department with further teams based in our UK office.
Automating the Functional tests of our Front and Back-ends using Python, pytest, pytest-bdd, Requests and Selenium
- Integrate our automated test suite with our continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Extending our test automation and integrating it with third party tools like Browserstack to increase our platform test coverage
- Collaborating with product owners, and software engineers to understand requirements and business use cases
- Conducting all phases of software testing including functional testing, performance testing and regression testing
- Reviewing test documents and suggesting improvements
What you'll need
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- 6+ years experience writing automated test scripts (Java or Python, bdd, Selenium and/or Requests) for all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing
- Experience debugging cross-cutting issues
- Experience carrying out manual QA on software
- Experience working in an integrated team where there are no hand-offs between QA and Development
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile development methodology such as Scrum
- Expert problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with popular DevOps technologies such as Git, Jenkins, and Jira
We support our staff and their careers in every way we can and we offer the following benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- 2 days off per year, to actively volunteer for a charity that is close to your heart, that aligns with the MPB values
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- EU Workers Council
- BVG ticket discount
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Learning Management System - the MPB 'Learning Lab' where you have access to thousands of free courses to up-skill in any areas you'd like; whether personally or professionally
- Regular social events
- Dog friendly office