We are MPB, the largest global platform for used photography and videography equipment. Our platform transforms the way that people buy, sell and trade in photo and video kit. MPB is a destination for everyone, whether you’ve just discovered your passion for visual storytelling or you’re already a pro.
MPB has always been committed to making kit more accessible and affordable, and helping to visualise a more sustainable future. We recirculate more than 485,000 items of used kit every year, extending the life and creative potential of photo and video equipment for creators around the world.
Headquartered in the creative communities of Brighton, Brooklyn and Berlin, the MPB team includes trained camera experts and seasoned photographers and videographers who bring their passion to work every day to deliver outstanding service. Every piece of kit is inspected carefully by our product specialists and comes with a six-month warranty to give our customers peace of mind that buying used doesn’t mean sacrificing reliability.
MPB has raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, most recently £50m Series D in April 2021, and is listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
If you’re an innovative thinker with a passion for supporting photography and videography, we would love to hear from you. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative, creative and cross-functional environment that includes local and global teams.
We recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community here at MPB. Our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one with the diverse community of visual storytellers that we serve.
MPB customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of family makeup, race, sexuality, religion, gender identity, disability or age. At MPB, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
The Creative Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing operations and projects within the MPB design team.
Working closely with the Head of Design and Creative, this is a key role to manage workload, and ensure efficiency and productivity. Overseeing all work through the design team, ensuring all briefs are complete and clear, and all design work is delivered on time, will be second nature to you.
You will be liaising and communicating with other areas of the business, and managing 3rd party suppliers such as production/print, etc, from sourcing to negotiating costs. You will also be managing/forecasting any freelance requirements during busy periods, as well as spotting and solving log-jams in work schedules and project delivery. You may have previously been a Studio Manager or Traffic Manager in an agency environment.
You'll ensure that the team operates in an agile and time-effective manner, responsible for tracking designers’ availability and holiday to ensure we have full oversight of what resource is available across the team. You'll become the operational brain of the Design team, to allow the designers to focus on their craft, not the operations. The key to this role is being one step ahead of any operational questions, understanding the workflow through the business, identifying opportunities and problems and how to solve them.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a creative agency or similar environment.
- Knowledge of DAM or other content management systems.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Trello, or Monday.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Strategic planning, allocation and management of Creative talent based on brief requirements.
- Proactively work with the business to shift and reprioritise projects to allow for out of scope, unforeseen and urgent/reactive projects.
- Facilitate brief review and validation processes to ensure all briefs are clear, complete and can be delivered within set timelines
- Ensure Quality Assurance (QA) processes are in place to ensure all work is delivered on-brief and on-brand.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Knowledge of file types and formats across digital, physical and print.
- An understanding or experience of digital design and design tool
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 4% employer contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible hybrid working options (minimum 2 days in the office)
- Access to EAP with a range of employee discounts
- Buzzing social calendar
- Dog friendly workplace.
- Bespoke Learning Management System - the MPB 'Learning Lab' with access to thousands of free courses to upskill in any areas you'd like; whether personally or professionally.
- 2 volunteer days for charity which aligns with MPB values